Three Scenarios For $12,000 Gold?
Even though we have presented comparable scenarios looking at the coverage of the US money base in gold terms previously, aka “gold coverage” ratio, including once from Dylan Grice, and once from David Rosenberg, now that we have drifted into a new, previously unchartered and very much open-ended liquidity tsunami, it is time to revisit the topic. Luckily, Guggenheim’s Scott Minerd has done just that. Not only that, but he presents three distinct gold pricing scenario, attempting to forecast a low, medium and high price range for the yellow metal.
To wit: “The U.S. gold coverage ratio, which measures the amount of gold on deposit at the Federal Reserve against the total money supply, is currently at an all-time low of 17%. This ratio tends to move dramatically and falls during periods of disinflation or relative price stability. The historical average for the gold coverage ratio is roughly 40%, meaning that the current price of gold would have to more than double to reach the average. The gold coverage ratio has risen above 100% twice during the twentieth century. Were this to happen today, the value of an ounce of gold would exceed $12,000.”
The Gold and Silver Market Webinar Series
Building Wealth With Gold And Silver!
“The Gold and Silver Markets are entering one of the most exciting periods since the bull market began in 2001. The bear market for the last three years is completing a major long – term bottom at current levels. These levels indicate the gold and silver markets are in the process and transformation to a new and explosive new bull market developing that could last until 2017.”
Conducted LIVE every Saturday at 10:30 am PST by: Patrick MontesDeOca and sponsored by the Equity Management Academy.
Session 1 hour.
Have you been trading for a while, but want to invest more effectively?
Are you a fund manager looking for a fresh perspective on the markets?
Equity Management Academy can provide the online information that’s right for you, whether you’re trading stocks, futures or commodities.
The Equity Management Academy offers:
- Online trading courses taught by our Chief Market Stategist
- Information on how to identify and take advantage of trading opportunities in the financial markets while carefully managing risk
- Using our online classroom and LIVE Trading Room you can learn any time you want, 24/7 at your own pace in the comfort of your own home
- Downloadable lecture notes and software to master the skills necessary to trade in the financial markets
Just starting out or seeking more knowledge about the markets:
Need advice, direction or better day-to-day coaching about the markets:
- Subscribe to our Golden Eagle service
- Subscribe to our VC Futures Daily Price Momentum Indicator
- Join us daily in our LIVE Trading Room
- Inform and educate investors looking for alternatives to conventional wisdom
- Offer proprietary market intelligence and independent progressive research
- Provide coaching, education, industry expert opinions, and commentaries.